I have been working all week on this amulet bag. I didn’t really plan a pattern until I decided to switch colors, and then it worked up rather quickly, even if it is simple. I used a 5/2 step up for incorporating the bronze beads. That is, I made 5 rows in Iridescent Root beer beads, and 2 rows of bronze beads.
I used the brick stitch so the thread isn’t visible, but the only thing I didn’t like was having to use a ladder stitch for the bottom where the thread really showed too much. That’s the reason for the fringe s, which are netted (my favorite bead stitch). I’m also not pleased with the simple loop I used for the button, but it will do for now, unless I can come up with something better.
The project I’m now working on is a rag doll for a friend’s little girl. The pattern was pre-printed, and I was informed that the little Miss likes fairies, so I’m going to change it up quite a bit. I hope I can get it finished by the end of this week, but with my current schedule, it’s going to be a squeeze. I’ll be posting photos of the work in progress, so stay tuned!